Monday, October 29, 2012

In the eye of the storm

Hurricane Sandy is fast approaching. The winds howl as torrential rains whip sideways before landing on soggy earth. And yet, I am not panicked. The words of this old hymn remind me I don't go through this exprience alone.

"In the lightning flash across the sky
His mighty power I see,
And I know if He can reign on high
His light can shine on me.

When the thunder shakes the mighty hills
And trembles every tree
Then I know a God so great and strong
Can surely harbor me

I’ve seen Him in the lightning,
Heard Him in the thunder,
And felt Him in the rain;
May Lord is near me all the time
My Lord is near me all the time."

Be safe.
Max

My Lord is Near me all the Time; Barbara Fowler Gaultney; © Baptist Hymnal 1975, Hymn No. 209.

No comments:

Post a Comment