Wednesday, October 3, 2012

10 things to do before winter sets in

It’s fall. I know this because the leaves in the large maple in the front yard are turning yellow, the garden stores have received their first shipment of mums, the last three tomatoes on the vine are refusing to ripen, and the crickets are looking for a warm corner inside my house. So I am making a list of the top 10 things I need to accomplish before winter sets in.

1.    Winterize the vegetable garden. What that really means is, make a list of chores for husband to winterize the garden.   
2.    Close the pool. Translation - call the pool people and have them close the pool. 
3.    Visit Mom in Florida. Haven’t seen her in several months and she no longer wants to deal with the hassles of flying. (I think I’ll wait a few more weeks until the weather here turns cooler, then I’ll really enjoy Florida). 
4.     Prepare the house for fall. Pack away summer dishes, beach towels, deck umbrella, insect repellent and sun block; put out fall-themed pillows, wreaths, and spice-scented candles. 
5.    Update the Christmas card mailing list. (Surely I’m not the only one who hasn’t resorted to online greeting cards?)   
6.     Prepare first draft of the family Christmas letter. I like to receive them, so I have to send them.
7.     Plan a long weekend trip to see the grandkids. It’s been too long since their summer visit.  
8.     Mow the grass one last time. 
9.     Begin drafting my 2013 bucket list. 
10.    
  
What have I missed? Please share your suggestions for number 10.
Max

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I have actually started plotting the next one and doing research on certain areas. Actually just received an email update from the publisher about the first one now entering the design phase. God is good. Max

    ReplyDelete