Friday, May 17, 2013

The Tech Curve

Am I alone in this or is anyone out there also flabbergasted, flummoxed and frustrated in your efforts to negotiate the technology learning curve?  I don't mean the simple stuff like cell phone use, email communication and digital downloads. I’ve managed those. I’m talking about huge tech tasks. Like creating a web page.
Now I’m no idiot. I know my tech limits, so I hired an experienced group to do the creative work and give me legible and understandable instructions on how to maintain the site. Three months later, I still cannot navigate the admin functions, and the experts can’t tell me what to do about it. They’re as flummoxed (I like that word) as I am. After three months I’ve made no updates to my website. No updates means no marketing. No marketing means no sales. No sales means...well, you get the picture.  
Personally, I am about ready to kick the computer to the curb, crawl under a blanket and stick a thumb in my mouth. But I’m a grownup and those behaviors would likely result in a short stay in a mental institution and some lifelong psychotropic medications. So I restrain my impulsive behavior, down another pack of Oreos, and try to write away my frustrations. Sheesh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment